Sunday, September 26, 2010

Vinyl Collection...!!!

This blog is not exactly only specified to anime and manga, even though all the previous posts have been about manga. So I want to bring up another passion of mine that I work on and off depending on my money situation, my toy collection!!!
I don't mean stuffed animals or action figures...well it is like a combination of both I guess, I collect vinyl toys that are like action figures and stuffed animals in a way, I guess the best way to describe it would be the texture and style of an action figure, but sometimes the style and look of a stuffed animal.
Vinyl toys are japanese toys that are modeled after animes and other random things. There are plenty of different kinds of toys there are large models, small models, black and white, multi colored, mobile models, and standing models. 
There are no specific models I aim for because I like a majority of the models I have seen when I go through stores and markets like Frank and Sons.
Right now I have around seven models, four of the models are from the same collection another two are from the same collection as well, and the last one is a random model I found. I have the TofuBot, Mozzerella, Bulleto, Latte, Miruku, Labbit, and Munny. 
(picture follow what I listed ahead)

The milk themed vinyl toys are all part of the same collection from the Tokidoki site (http://www.tokidoki.it/shop/) now even though most people think that this is for girls, but I love the art that these toys are based off of and I don't really care what people say. 
Most of these toy prices are based off size, artist, and design. I still remember that a model that I wanted to get what about $150 and its around the same size and the Bulleto model I have which was only around $30.
Well as I increase my collection and discover new artists who create models I will post more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment