Saturday, September 18, 2010

Stress

So lately I have been going through a lot, with five classes and work outs almost everyday. For the last two weeks I have had two tests already and I am trying very hard to keep  my work out schedule consistent, and addition to working out I am trying to fix my food intake. Just last Thursday all I had for the whole day was a fiber pill, a multivitamin pill, a bottle of water, and a jamba juice smoothie, overall I consumed maybe 500-600 calories for that one day which is a lot less than a normal person does.
People all have different ways of relieving stress, some play games, some go out with friends, and you don't me to tell you that there are infinite possible ways of relieving stress.
For me lately I have been reading some easy to read, light hearted, and simple manga. These manga are usually based on comedy, they have jokes and gags that are simple, but can still make almost anyone laugh. There usually is no story or plot, it is just some characters hanging out and living their lives out.
I have determined that these are my favorite two mangas to read when I feel the need to relax:
Yotsubato & Ichigo Mashimaro
Both of these manga have no main plot, but have cute and lovable characters. The chapters are usually short and have some kind of gag going on.
Yotsuba is a little girl with green hair and has an odd perspective of the world. She and her father just moved into to a new neighborhood, Every chapter Yotsuba learns a new experience through her daily life. This is basically a look into life through the perspective of a little kid. Yotsuba learns about things like department stores, riding bikes, and many more other things.
Ichigo Mashimaro is about four girls in elementary school, and a high school student. Each of the girls have a different personality trait and have a funny way of interacting with each other. There is Nobue Ito whose the oldest of the five girls, Chika Ito whose best trait is being utterly average, Miu Matsuoka who has an infinite amount of different costumes and has somewhat of a screw loose, Matsuri Sakuragi the youngest of the girls and is extremely shy, and Ana Coppola who is half japanese, half english and has a hard time figuring which nationality best represents her. The five girls go through a normal lifestyle hanging out usually in Chika's room and talking about random topics that spark interest for that certain day.
Reading such simple stories could bore certain people, but to me simple jokes with no complex story relaxes me and helps me think "You know life is simple sometimes"

No comments:

Post a Comment